MyDormConnect.com Terms and Conditions Agreement
Effective on 2019-09-1
1. Who We Are
Welcome to MyDormConnect.com, operated by My Dorm Connect LLC. As used in this Agreement, the terms “our,” “us,” “we,” and the “Business” shall refer to My Dorm Connect LLC, as appropriate.
By accessing or using MyDormConnect.com website, you agree to be bound by these terms, including our Privacy and Cookie Policies, so it is important that you read this agreement carefully before you create an account. We may update the terms from time to time. Automatic notice to customers about changes to Terms and Conditions should be via email or notice on homepage, therefore, you should check the Terms and Conditions section at the bottom of the homepage regularly for updates. Changes will be highlighted in blue font.
By accessing or using our Website on MyDormConnect.com (our “Business Website”), you agree to, and are bound by, these Terms of Agreement. By clicking register/login, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. This Agreement also applies to anyone else who accesses or uses our Website, regardless of registration or subscription status.
2. What Personal Data We Collect and Why
Cookie Consent and Management
We reserve the right to modify, amend, or change the Terms of Agreement at any time. Notice of any material change will be posted on this page with an updated effective date. In certain circumstances, we may notify you of a change to the Agreement via email or other means, as appropriate under the circumstances; however, you are responsible for regularly checking this page for notice of any changes. We agree that future changes will not be retroactive without your consent. Your continued use of our Website constitutes your acceptance of any change, and you will be legally bound by the updated Terms. Mydormconnect will not be responsible for any liability after continued use of our website after a change in terms and conditions to which you do not agree. Therefore, if you do not accept a change to the terms and conditions, you should stop using our Website immediately.
Before you create an account on MyDormConnect.com, be sure you are eligible to use our Website. This Section also details what you can and can’t do when using the Website, as well as the rights you grant MyDormConnect.com.
By using our Website, you represent and warrant that:
- You are a current college student at least 18 years old;
- You are legally qualified to enter a binding contract with My Dorm Connect LLC;
- You are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry;
- You have not been convicted of or pled no contest to a felony or indictable offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence;
- You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country;
- You are not on any list of individuals prohibited from conducting business with the United States;
- You are not prohibited by law from using our website;
- You are a current undergrad, grad college or doctoral student;
- You are single or separated from your spouse if participating in the dating features of the website. If not single or separated from your spouse, you may only participate in the ‘classifieds’ items for sale such as books, furniture, etc., and/or the Travel Group Tours requests;
- You do not have more than one account on our Website; and
- You have not previously been removed from our Website by us, unless you have our express written permission to create a new account.
If at any time you cease to meet these requirements, you must immediately delete your account. If Mydormconnect discovers grounds for violation of any above mentioned conditions, we will delete your account.
You agree to:
- Treat other users in a courteous and respectful manner, both on and off our Website;
- Be respectful when communicating with any of our customer care representatives or other employees;
- Comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Review your school’s Safety Tips;
- Maintain a strong password and take reasonable measures to protect the security of your login information.
You agree that you will not:
- Misrepresent your identity, age, current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Harass, bully, stalk, intimidate, assault, defame, harm or otherwise mistreat any person;
- Post or share Prohibited Content (see below);
- Solicit money or other items of value from another user without delivering the promised goods you advertised in the ‘Classifieds’ and/or Group Travel sections.
- Use our Website in a way to interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the platform, the servers, or our Website’ networks;
- Use our Website for any harmful, illegal, or nefarious purpose;
- Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
- Use another user’s account;
- Use our Website in relation to fraud, schemes, or other unwholesome practices;
- Disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to disclose;
- Copy, modify, transmit, distribute, or create any derivative works from, any Member Content or Our Content, or any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through our Website without Match’s prior written consent;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Match;
- Use any robot, crawler, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Website or its contents;
- Upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of our Website;
Prohibited Content—My Dorm Connect prohibits uploading or sharing content that:
- Is likely to be deemed offensive or to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity, or contains nudity;
- Is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or that promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- Encourages or facilitates any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offense;
- Is defamatory, libelous, or untrue;
- May harm the reputation of My Dorm Connect LLC.
The uploading or sharing of content that violates these terms (“Prohibited Content”) will result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
NO SPAM POLICY
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements through My Dorm Connect website systems is expressly prohibited by these terms and conditions of agreement. Any unauthorized use of My Dorm Connect website systems is a violation of the terms and conditions of agreement and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.). Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
Anything that violates the above mentioned conduct policy will result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
You understand that all advertisements, postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from this Website are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post, email or otherwise made available via the Websit, even when you request the assistance of others to post your content. It is important that you understand you are expressly prohibited from posting inappropriate content.
You are responsible for Your Content. Don’t share anything that you wouldn’t want others to see, that would violate this Agreement, or that may expose you or us to legal liability.
You are solely responsible and liable for Your Content, and, therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
We encourage you to use caution in disclosing any personal information anywhere online:
- The content included on your individual profile should not display any personal contact or banking information such as credit/debit card or other banking details. If you choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, you do so at your own risk.
- Your individual profile will be visible to other people around the world, so be sure that you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. You acknowledge and agree that Your Content may be viewed by other users, and, notwithstanding these Terms, other users may share Your Content with third parties.
- By uploading Your Content, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights and licenses to do so and automatically grant us a license to use Your Content.
- You understand and agree that we may monitor or review Your Content, and we have the right to remove, delete, edit, limit, or block or prevent access to any of Your Content at any time in our sole discretion. Furthermore, you understand agree that we have no obligation to display or review Your Content.
- You may only use Member Content to the extent that your use is consistent with our Website’ purpose of allowing use to communicate with and meet one another. You may not copy the Member Content or use Member Content for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your account if you misuse Member Content.
- Our website is a college students audience website, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18.
My Dorm Connect does not tolerate inappropriate content or inappropriate behavior on our website or through our website.
- We encourage you to report any inappropriate Student Content or misconduct by other users. You can report inappropriate Student Content or misconduct by emailing My Dorm Connect LLC directly at email@example.com.
We may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Service such as the Classifieds. The fee is an access fee permitting Content to be posted in the designated area. Each party posting Content to the Service is responsible for said Content and compliance with the terms and conditions of agreement. All fees paid will be non-refundable if Content is removed from the Service for violating the terms and conditions of agreement. Fees collected for specific services, such as subscription services and advertising, are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in writing for a specific promotional program.
5. Third Party Content, Sites, & Services
My Dorm Connect LLC will contain features and functionalities such as Classifieds and Group Travel that will link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of My Dorm Connect LLC including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through this Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. We do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of, any Content, the truth or accuracy of the descriptions of any goods or services offered for sale, the right of the sellers to sell or license any such goods or services, or the ability of any buyer to purchase any such goods or services. The Service is designed for experienced buyers accustomed to buying goods and services based on photographs and/or descriptive text. Buyers should assume that any goods offered are not new, unless otherwise stated, nor in perfect condition, and may require touch-up or repairs prior to use and that the available information about the items may be limited. It is not possible for My Dorm Connect LLC to verify information provided by the seller of any item.
You agree that My Dorm Connect LLC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any dealings between users of the Service. If there is a dispute between users of the Service, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that My Dorm Connect LLC is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby forever release My Dorm Connect LLC its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service.
My Dorm Connect LLC collect, use, and share your personal data using the following:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
All uploaded files are usually publicly accessible. If you upload images to this website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
Contact form submissions are kept for 90 days for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use standard Internet technology or other Internet technologies such as web beacons to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
We may allow third parties, including (but not limited to) our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
- Visiting our websites from outside the United States
7. Account Termination
- You can delete your account at any time by logging into the Website and deleting your Profile.
- You will not be entitled to any refund for purchases made.